Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ho ho, maundering mooncalves!

Today we celebrate "Act Like a Jack Vance Character Day"!

As you can see with the vision of your eyes, I am dressed for the part of a Decalced Dipsomath from the Plains of Varve. I accept no tergiversation from my involuntary students, so look likely now or feel the rhetorical point of my Trivium! I will make mock of your ancestral traditions; then you must make mock of mine own. If you can best me then you are free, perhaps to craft your own pelmet from deodand wood and become a Decalced Dipsomath in your turn. If you lose then prepare for obsquatulation!

13 comments:

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Obstreperous jackanape! Your tumultuous hurlo-thrumbo of prose has overwhelmed my sensorium, leaving me bereft and befuddled.

In no way can you restore the stasis that prevailed before your rhodomontade assailed my delicate sensibilites- I would ask for remuneration, but such a gesture would be nuncupatory, at best.

ckc (not kc) said...

(you misspelled "helmet")

(but your pet is very attractive - does it do tricks?)

M. Bouffant said...

And if I look un-likely?

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Shouldn't we attempt dipsomathy before resorting to violence?

The times, the mores...
~

ckc (not kc) said...

And if I look un-likely?

...what do you mean, "if"?

mikey said...

Well, it ain't real likely that I'M gonna look, that's fer sure...

mikey said...

But if I did I think a suggestion that you trim those nasty toenails wouldn't be beyond the pale...

ckc (not kc) said...

ナイス ロクス

Hamish Mack said...

She got legs and she knows how to use 'em.

Smut Clyde said...

Obstreperous jackanape!
I pay no heed to the braggadocio of blaggarts, concerned as I am only with thoughts of my costume for National Act Like a James Branch Cabell Character Day.

And if I look un-likely?
I would fix it to read 'look lively', but then people would complain that their comments no longer make sense, which they purportedly do at the moment.

Smut Clyde said...

(you misspelled "helmet")
A pelmet is a small pelm, as any fule kno.

tigris said...

I am prepared to absquatulate, win lose or draw.

Another Kiwi said...

You call it obsquatulation. In my day we had real obsquatulation. Your obsquats were never the same again